Police officers have been known to perform illegal searches. If you have been arrested for possession it is important to know your rights.
For those looking for experience in Criminal Defense, Personal Injury, and Business Law in the Greater Las Vegas, Nevada area your first choice should be Kajioka and Associates, Attorneys at Law. Our team of accredited attorneys is experienced and aggressive in the defense of our clients. Representing each of our clients with compassion, respect, and determination to diligently achieve the best plausible outcome concerning your case with the court system, Kajioka and Associates, Attorneys at Law has what it takes for success. We explain every step of the process concerning your specific case and answer any and all of your questions to ensure you are well informed. Whether you are a local or from out of town, Kajioka and Associates, Attorneys can help you.
What is the Punishment for Drug Possession
Kajioka and Associates, Attorneys at Law, offers defendants a number of criminal defense representation including those facing charges surrounding possession of a controlled substance in Las Vegas, Nevada. Long jail time, expensive fines, and negative reports on your record are the consequences associated with convicted drug charges.
Nevada Possession of a Controlled Substance
In Nevada, possession of a controlled substance includes:
– Possessing a controlled substance knowingly or intentionally.
– Possessing a controlled substance which was not obtained directly from a valid prescription.
– Actual possession; carrying drugs on your body.
– Constructive possession; keeping drugs in close proximity. (For Example: on your nightstand located in your bedroom that no one else shares with you.)
– Joint possession: Know that significant other or spouse keeps drugs in the nightstand, even if you don’t use.
Possession of a Controlled Substance Lawyers in Las Vegas, Nevada
There are many details associated with drug possession charges, and Kajioka and Associates, Attorneys at Law, can help you understand the specific nature of your case and do our part negotiate a plea bargain to reduce the possession charges, suspend any jail sentence, or even get the charges dismissed.