Being a 24-hour town, come the early hours of the morning when people are just starting the day, it is not unheard of for someone to be still drinking. Where some folks are just winding down from an eventful evening of partying, other folks are just getting off to work at 7 or 8 in the morning. The town is especially known for indulging drinking and other stimulants where many enjoy the night life. It is always ideal to be aware of those around you and see the signs of an intoxicated driver though you may be the designated driver, or simply navigating your way through the streets and highways. The common signs of an intoxicated driver are what we Kajioka & Associates Attorneys At Lawwould like to take the opportunity to point out today.
Signs of an Impaired Driver
When it comes to guessing if a person is under the influence of alcohol or drugs, finding a reason can prove difficult for police. In order to aid law enforcement, determine whether a driver might be drunk behind the wheel, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, or NHTSA, has compiled a list of signs to indicate an intoxicated driver. Before they hurt themselves or an innocent person on the road, if you can spot the signs, you can avoid being in close proximity to them, take down their vehicle information and license plate number to report them. A list of the most common indicators of an intoxicated driver is found below.
1) Responding slowly to traffic lights and an officer’s signals.
2) Poor judgment.
3) Excessively fast or slow driving. (10mph over or under the posted speed limit)
5) Stopping challenges.
6) Crossing lane lines.
7) Obviously appearing to be impaired.
8) Night driving without using headlights.
9) Nearly striking vehicles or fixed object.
10) Inappropriate stopping in the lane.
11) Inability to maintain proper lane positioning.
12) Improper or unsafe lane changes.
13) Illegal / improper turning.
14) Going the wrong way on a one-way street.
15) Failure to use a turn signal appropriately.
17) Vigilance issues
18) Unexplained accelerating and decelerating.
19) Turning too wide.
22) Straddling a lane line
23) Erratic braking / speeding.
24) Driving off the roadway
25) Driving in the wrong direction into the oncoming lane.
Criminal Defense, Personal Injury, Business Attorneys & More in Greater Las Vegas, Nevada
You need an experienced criminal defense lawyer in the event you have been arrested for a DUI in Nevada. To fight the charges against you, building a strong defense is essential. In addition to the review the officer’s reports leading to your arrest, we will investigate the traffic light cameras and dashboards cameras. Your rights may have been violated if there are no legal reasons as to why you were stopped, or the officer didn’t follow protocol. To represent you in court and help you with your case, in any case the team of Kajioka & Associates Attorneys At Law is readily available. contact Kajioka & Associates Attorneys At Law today to represent you today!