Las Vegas is a 24 hour town. It is not unheard of for someone to still be drinking come the early hours of the morning when people are just starting the day. When some folks are just getting off to work at 7 or 8 in the morning, others are just winding down from an eventful evening of partying. Where many enjoy the night life, the town is especially known for indulging drinking and other stimulants. Though you may be the designated driver, or simply navigating your way through the streets and highways, it is always ideal to be aware of those around you and see the signs of an intoxicated driver. We at Kajioka and Associates, Attorneys at Law would like to take the opportunity to point out the common signs of an intoxicated driver.
What to Do if an Impaired Driver is Ahead of You
Finding a reason can prove difficult for police when it comes to guessing if a person is under the influence of alcohol or drugs. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, or NHTSA, has compiled a list of signs to indicate an intoxicated driver in order to aid law enforcement in determining whether a driver might be drunk behind the wheel. If you can spot the signs, you can avoid being in close proximity to them, take down their vehicle information and license plate number to report them before they hurt themselves or an innocent person on the road.
Ways DUI Offenders are Detected By Police
Below you will find a list of the most common indicators of an intoxicated driver.
2) Vigilance issues
3) Unexplained accelerating and decelerating.
4) Turning too wide.
7) Slow response in regards to traffic lights and an officer’s signals.
8) Poor judgmental.
9) Obviously appearing to be impaired.
10) Night driving without the headlights on.
11) Nearly striking a car or fixed object.
12) Inappropriate stopping in the lane.
13) Inability to maintain proper lane positioning.
14) Improper or unsafe lane changes.
15) Illegal or improper turning.
16) Going the wrong way on a one way street.
17) Failure to use a turn signal appropriately.
18) Erratic braking and speeding.
19) Driving off the roadway
20) Driving in the wrong direction into the oncoming lane.
21) Driving excessively fast or slow. (10mph over or under the posted speed limit)
23) Difficulty stopping.
24) Crossing lane lines.
25) Straddling a lane line.
Criminal Defense, Personal Injury, Business Attorneys & More in Greater Las Vegas, Nevada
In the event you have been arrested for a DUI in Nevada, you need an experienced criminal defense lawyer. Building a strong defense is essential to fight the charges against you. We will investigate the traffic light cameras and dashboards cameras as well as the review the officer’s reports leading to your arrest. If there are no legal reasons as to why you were stopped, or the officer didn’t follow protocol, your rights may have been violated. In any case, the dedicated team at Kajioka and Associates, Attorneys at Law are ready to represent you in court and help you with your case.